Let’s face it, solicitors fees aren’t cheap, and business disputes can involve large legal costs. However worrying about the size of your solicitor’s bill should not automatically put you off getting involved in commercial litigation. Why? The answer may well be a no win no fee agreement.
Far too many SMEs [small and medium-sized businesses] are simply put off from taking legal action in a business dispute by fear of the likely cost. At the same time, most of them remain completely unaware that Conditional Fee Agreements (CFAs), but which are more often referred to as ‘no-win, no-fee’, agreements can be used as a really effective way of funding commercial litigation.
Finding a No Win No Fee Solicitor for Your Business Dispute
Remarkably, along with the fact that many businesses simply are unaware that they can access no-win no fee agreements, actually finding a solicitor who will run commercial litigation using no-win no fee is often the biggest barrier.
Many commercial lawyers simply don’t really appreciate how well no-win no fee can work for business disputes – and like the public in general, often associate them with accident claims only.
But the good news is that along with a surprisingly small number of forward thinking law firms, the commercial dispute team here at solicitors Bonallack and Bishop regularly run business disputes using no win no fee.
What Kind of Business Disputes Can No Win No Fee Cover?
There is a very wide range of business disputes that can be covered using conditional fee agreements – including;
- Contractual Disputes
- Business Partnership Disputes
- Shareholder Disputes
- Debt Recovery
- Professional Negligence Claims – against a Full Range of Professionals Including Solicitors, Accountants, Surveyors, Builders and Architects
- Property and Construction Disputes
- Intellectual Property Litigation
How Our No Win No Fee Team Can Help In Your Business Disoute
Acting for you under a CFA, where appropriate, our solicitors can often run the whole of a business dispute – in particular;
- Providing initial advice on the likelihood of a successful case
- Negotiating a settlement
- Representing you in mediation if possible
- Taking your case to a final hearing at court
No-Win No Fee Claims – the Commercial Reality
Before looking for a no-win no fee solicitor, it’s important to realise that like any other court case, there are two crucial facts you need to bear in mind;
1. Your case needs to be strong – any legal claim will rely on evidence but if you want to find a solicitor who will run your commercial dispute using a no win no fee agreements, they will need to be sure that your case is really strong – understandably most solicitors won’t take on any case under a no-win no fee agreement which does not have a good chance of success.
2. Like any other business litigation, you need to make sure that the person you are claiming against will have sufficient money not only to cover any damages that are agreed or are awarded – but also to cover your legal fees under the no-win no fee agreement.
For Specialist No-Win No Fee Business Litigation – Contact Our Solicitors Today
Our team have all the experience you need for successful no-win no fee business dispute – contact us now for FREE initial phone advice:
- Call FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 for a FREE first telephone consultation or
- Use the contact form below: