What is professional negligence?
Professional negligence occurs when a professional offers services to a client and enters a contract with them, which results in them owing their client a duty of care. If they do not fulfil that duty of care and take all due precautions to ensure they protect that client’s best interests (such as by failing to inform them of risk or taking unusual action without good reason), they may be guilty of professional negligence.
In essence it’s when you’re professional adviser acts in a way that a reasonable person in his profession wouldn’t have done – but it must result in some form of financial loss to you.
What are some examples of professional negligence?
Professional negligence regularly occurs in a number of fields. For example;
- A solicitor could be guilty of professional negligence by offering a client bad advice, poorly drafting a will, misappropriating money from a client or failing to adhere to strict time limits.
- An accountant might give incorrect advice on matters relating to tax, failing to detect fraud following an audit or incorrectly valuing shares, among other things.
- Surveyors produce misleading plans or defective surveys
- Architects produce insufficient plans or failed to manage projects properly
- An estate agent might provide misleading information about the property or failed to conduct the property sale carefully.
- Medical negligence – doctors, dentists or other medical professionals could be guilty of professional negligence if they don’t take sufficient care of you
Simply put, professional negligence can occur in practically any industry and the form it takes will vary depending on the industry you are dealing with and the nature of your business with the professional in question.
Why seek legal advice?
If you suspect you might have fallen victim to professional negligence, then it is definitely worth seeking expert legal help. We have a team of experienced, specialist no win no fee professional negligence solicitors who will be able to help you with your case.
It is important that you engage legal help as soon as you think you have a case as the law in this area can often be complicated and it can vary depending on which industry you are dealing with. This is because different professions will have different standards and professional bodies to which they must adhere and an experienced solicitor will be able to advise you on the specifics of your case. Also, if you do have a case and you decide to take action against the professional in question, then you will need your solicitor to act on your behalf and subsequently advise you on the legal process you need to take if you are going to proceed with your claim.
The fact that our solicitors work on a no win no fee basis means that not only are you assured of first rate legal support but you will also not have to pay any fees unless you are successful in obtaining compensation as a result of professional negligence.
How your no win no fee professional negligence solicitors can help you?
There are several ways in which we will be able to help you:
- We can run your professional negligence claim [if appropriate ]under a no win no fee agreement
- We will start by reviewing the evidence in your case and letting you know as to whether or not you have a claim that is likely to succeed – and if so the possible level of compensation.
- Our team will get, if necessary, expert advice and investigate your claim further
- We will write a letter of claim to the negligent professional, informing them of your reasons for starting a case against them.
- Our team will advise you on your options following the professional’s response.
- They can represent you in court if your case cannot be settled by negotiation outside the courtroom.
Need specialist no win no fee professional negligence solicitors?
Professional negligence claims can be really complex. In addition many professionals will have the support of an insurance company or their professional body who will often fight your claim strenuously. In making any professional negligence claim, you really do need specialist solicitors to help. For more detailed information, visit our specialist Professional Negligence Claim website at http://ww2.professional-negligence-claim.co.uk or contact us today;
- call us for FREE initial phone advice on FREEPHONE 0800 1404544 or
- use the contact form below: